Bitterness


 Bitterness:

I don't talk to anyone spontaneously 

I don't trust anybody quickly 

Lest they hurt me and break my heart

And that pain might turn into bitterness

And cause my soul to grieve

I better stay safe

I better guard my heart from getting hurt

I have built strong walls around my heart 

I don't let anyone enter easily


Is there a balm that could cure my bitterness?

Like the ones they sell in shops?

They have a balm for headache

They have a balm for back pain

But none that could heal my heart.


I have seen some men

They make their own balm

They get into drugs and all

To ease the pain but only in vain

Some women too,

They share their burdens to others 

Only to find, there is no gain


Then I remember,

Jesus crucified on the cross

The soldiers mock Him

They give him bitter water dipped in a sponge

And He drank it 

He bore my bitterness on the cross

I don't have to worry about it


How can I go away from the cross

For that's where my healing is

He has the healing balm for my bitterness

He never charges a penny

He gives freely to the one who asks Him

Come to the cross

That is where the healing balm is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAITHFUL

The Purpose

The Journey