The Battle in the Mind

 The Battle in the Mind:



If it wasn't for the Lord, I would have been destroyed

If it wasn't for the Lord, I could not survive now

But even after all that the Lord has been doing in my life,

I find pride dwelling subtly, in the depths of my heart.

I try to fight battles that I am not supposed to fight

I try to dwell on mundane thoughts that wreck my own soul.

Amidst all this chaos,

I hear a distant voice speaking to me :

Fall down in adoration of Him who sits on the throne

Praise the Lord

Bow before Him

Praise His Holy Name

Give Thanks to Him

For the battle in the mind cannot be won by anger or wrath or worry or stubbornness or revelry

It can be won, only by singing praises to Him

Oh! why am I delaying?

Oh! what is causing me to deter?

It is my mind.

I have not yet tamed it.

Lord, tame my mind to sing you praises

Tame my mind to fall down before you

For I am just a breath

And my days are but nothing

If it wasn't for the Lord, I would be nothing.

Prayer:

Dear God,

Everyday we come across this battle that rages in our minds. We think about those who hurt us, we think of how we can take revenge, we think of the things we lost, we feel sorry for ourselves and we think of our misery and helplessness and then we think of our greatness and the list goes on and on.  How we just hate to think any of it. All these thoughts only end up defiling us at the end of the day. But then we realize that singing praises to my God is the right thing to do. Singing him praises makes all our burdens disappear. It helps us to know you more and put every other thing in the right perspective. For you alone Oh God deserve my praises and you alone are worthy. 

In Jesus Name We Pray

Amen.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FAITHFUL

The Purpose

The Journey