The Purpose

THE PURPOSE

God's creation


                God's creation is beautiful. Genesis 1 briefs how God created different things in 6 days and he rested on day 7. 

      

        Genesis 1: 1-3
            In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Then God said, "Let there be light" and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and morning were the first day.


           God saw there was a need. It says that the earth was formless, empty and dark. When God saw the need, He started to do something about it. He spoke and light appeared. God was pleased and called the light as "day" and the darkness as "Night". 


            1. God sees a need.
            2. God speaks and calls them into existence.
            3. He names them and assigns a role/purpose for them.


          On and on this pattern repeats each day for the next 5 days.


            In Day 2 we see that God created the sky. In Day 3, He gathered the waters together and called it the sea and the dry ground He called as land. He caused vegetation - seed bearing plants and trees, to grow on the land. In Day 4 He created all the heavenly host the sun, moon and stars to determine seasons, signs, days and years and so on.


            Its the same with me as well. First, I was in God's thoughts. He thought about me. He thought what I would look like and had a purpose for me to fulfill. He then brought me forth in my mothers womb and caused me to be born and now I exist.  


            It made me wonder, what if the sun said, "I don't want to be far away from the earth. I want to be like the moon, in close proximity to earth". We all know what a disaster that would be. The earth would melt away and no life would be possible. What if the moon said, "I don't want to shine on earth in the night. Rather, I want to shine in the day". Oh what dark nights will behold the earth! And it got me wondering, if God had the perfect plan when He created the sun and moon, what they ought to do, mustn't He also have a plan for me, what I ought to do. And what a perfect plan that would be for my life!! 


        Jeremiah 29: 11
        For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to         harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".


            God has plans for each of us. Seek God in prayer and ask Him, "God what do want me to do. Tune my desires to do Your Will. Not my will God. But Yours be done. I surrender myself to you. I humble myself under Your Mighty hands". He will direct your steps and lead you in the way you should go.

        Prayer:


        Dear God,
                I give myself into your hands. Teach me to do Your Will. 

        In the Mighty Name of Jesus I pray,
        Amen





 

     

            
            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAITHFUL

The Journey